Hi, I'm new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hphadl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name is Karrina and I am a mother to a preschooler named Delilah, and I am expecting a baby November 15th. We have one tank with 2 :fish2: in it. One is a common goldfish and the other is a redcap oranda. We hope to get more fish soon. I joined this website because we have been having some trouble with our fish, and we would like to share our experience with people who have had the same problem.

Well, they have been fine recently. When we first got them, we were changing out the water too much, and they got sick. Then after that we found out they were oxygen deprived. After that,(yeah, I know, lots of things) we had to get a flourescent light for the tank because the one we had was overheating the tank. We went through a lot the first few months with the fish. We've had them for a little over a year now.

:welcome: to AA. Congrats on the arrival of your child in November!

In regards to your tank, can you tell us the following so we can better assist.

How large it the tank? What type of filter are you running and do you have any air-stones? Goldfish are very messy poop machines which means a large bio-load which means tons of ammonia going into their water.

Do you have a water test kit? AA members recommend the API test master kit .. forget test strips ... they're inaccurate. Your best bet is to test the water and let us know the Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH and water temp. Lastly ... I recommend now :D ... get yourself a bottle of Seachem Prime de-chlorinator.

yeah..

Yeah, I see what you're saying about the testing. testing before cleaning the tank would be more accurate. The tank is 10 gallons. We have an Aqueon Medium sized filter system. We don't have air stones, and really, I don't know what those are.

And thanks for telling me about the test strips and de-chlorinator. I will tryto find it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom