Hi, I'm new!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysaltlife

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm heather and I am a new reef tank owner! I have the biocube29 all stock set up. Using filter floss and chemi pure in chamber 2. Got my sand and live rock, it's been two and a half weeks I have already cycled and have my cuc with two fire fish. One of my fire fish just died 3 days after I got it, but the other one is doing great! Still pondering about getting a protein skimmer, but plan on getting the I tank media rack. Any suggestions on skimmers and or power heads? Thanks!

Hey welcome to AA! Sounds like a cool setup. Sorry about your firefish...are you sure it died? Sometimes they will hide for a week and then start to appear. Were the 2 a pair? Maybe one was getting picked on and was too weak to survive. You could get a nano koralia power head like 2 425s I believe or whatever you prefer. You said this is a reef tank or potential reef..what corals do you have/want? Prob. don't need a skimmer as long as you keep up on frequent water changes. BTW next time might want to post in the SW section to get more replies :)

Mysaltlife said:
I'm heather and I am a new reef tank owner! I have the biocube29 all stock set up. Using filter floss and chemi pure in chamber 2. Got my sand and live rock, it's been two and a half weeks I have already cycled and have my cuc with two fire fish. One of my fire fish just died 3 days after I got it, but the other one is doing great! Still pondering about getting a protein skimmer, but plan on getting the I tank media rack. Any suggestions on skimmers and or power heads? Thanks!

Welcome. Start a thread in the nano section and I'll be glad to help work your BC29!! See you there.

Thanks for the welcome!!! I am so glad this forum exists! It's been a huge help already! I don't have any corals yet, was wondering when it would be a good time to get them. I def want to get things that are flowy and move.. But I want bright colors too... Any suggestions on beginner coral?

Welcome to AA :) I'm going to tag along cause im looking for the same beginner corals that's bright in colour and flowy lol

Back
Top Bottom