Hi! It's me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BethS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey y'all
I'm new to the site, I have 2 freshwater tanks currently (one in each of my kids rooms although they are *my* toys lol) had both for about 1 1/2 yrs....
1-10 w/ 3 red platys (well, now theres 4- found a baby hiding in the gravel while vacuuming about a month ago and kept him in a breeding net for a couple weeks) and 6 neons
1-10 w/ 4 male guppies, added some females about a month ago and bam! Too many guppies are now in the tank
Currently setting up a 29 to relocate the guppies

Here's a question for all you experts: I ordered a filter from drs f&s online, it should be here in a week or so... I'm getting very impatient as its the last piece of equipment I need to get started...I'm already planning to use the 20g filter from my guppy tank to get the tank cycled as well as most of the plants/decorations ... Can I get by for a few days with only the smaller filter so I can get these fish moved or should I wait til the new (aquaeon quietflow 55/75) filter is here? :angel:

:thanks:
Beth

:welcome: to AA!
Imo I think you'll be fine using the filter you have now for a few days. Plus the bacteria in that filter will help you cycle the new tank faster. When you get the new filter run them both for a couple weeks to get the new filter going good. Good luck and I hope this helped :)

Back
Top Bottom