Hi! New 2 Group~Lifetime Aquarist! 4 year 'Break'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kdoutis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I am 'New' to "Group/Site". Lifetime Aquarist.As a child, 'Chores' in my family rotated. (6 kids). & when it become my 'Turn' to take care of the "tank" (20+ gallons); I took it 'Seriously!' I found out: What kind of fish we had (family Didn't 'Know/Remember'); & what they "Liked"! Started w/a h2o change. Within 2 weeks: went from Sickly, Deformed, (dying) fish~2 Happy, Pregnant, then w/in a month! Had "More fish than was 'Reccommended!' I was "HOOKED"!!I have had (at 'Least' 1 tank~since!) 2006 I was diagnosed w/cancer, w/small % 'Chance' of Surviving 5 years. I was home & Bored! Wanted a 'Challenge' but Didn't want to 'Experiment' on Salt h2o! (Din't have $$ 2 "Change Over"~Didn't want 2 have 2 'Replace Everything!) So was "Recommended" African Cichlids.* I 'Personally credit them~to 'Some Extent' 2 helping me "Beat Cancer"!* (They have the Color; variety & Challenge! Without the "Total Over-haul" REQUIRED 4 'changing' from fresh to Salt h2o!!) I got strong 'Enough' & moved! (From WA-State~to MO~HOME! Unfortunately, it has taken me 4 Years to "get Strong Enough" & have the $$ to Enjoy ~AGAIN! My "Lifelong~LOVE!" Now, I have 2/20gallon tanks 4: Mollies (Live-bearers!) & 75 gallon for Cichlids (for Me~Cichlids R my: "Fun-Challenge"! & where I am CONSTANTLY! LEARNING!! & Spending my $$$!!;-))

Addendum

I have a 10 gallon 'Ready' 4 'Babies'. At least 3 of my Mollies are pregnant~Already!!
& though I am "Still" getting my 75gallon~to the 'Point I 'Want' it~ I am Already "Drooling" over other "Large" tanks~& even 'Thinking' about (at some time in the FUTURE~2 Years)?? So, I guess I'm "Hooked"!!
I look Forward 2 "Getting to 'Know' Ya'll!"

Welcome to Aquarium Advice, please enjoy!

If you ever need help doing something on the website, let me know! :)

:welcome:

Thank You! For me~a 'Little' DIFFICULT to 'Use'~since I Access via cell~& pages & comment blocks~Won't Shrink/Stay 'Shrunk'!

Back
Top Bottom