Hi - New member and seeking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluegills

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First off, hi to every one. Got my self a proper tank (compared to my previous 1.5ft years back. Ive got a Rio Juwel 125 litre tank. Wanting to stock Guppies, pleco, siamese fighter, clown loaches, red tail shark and few other little fish like neons or cardinals.

Tank size is W - 80cm (32") D - 36cm (14") H - 40cm (16")

1 Will these fish mix?

2 Can i have a pleco in my tank?

3 Can i stock 3 clown loaches?

Much help will be appricated and thanks in advance...

Welcome! Guppies may nip at your fighter's fins, my uncle had a Red Tail it killed everything else in the tank :s

Welcome to AA! :)

1. For awhile.
2. Yes, but not a common pleco for the longterm. They get 18"+.
3. Yes, but not for the longterm. They get large!

I'd recommend choosing between a betta ("fighter") or guppies. They do not coexist well at all.

RTS are cool fish, but they do tend to get nippy and territorial as they mature. Rainbow sharks look very similar, but are a bit more chill IME.

Hi people, yh i think im gonna have guppies n not siamese fighters... even thou their beautiful. What pleco would u reccomend??

Well.. I just got a Red Tailed Shark, which is a lovely little guy. Although I got him from a friend whom was giving her tank and fish away I could trust them to tell me the truth about him and he's never hurt another fish even ones that he's three times bigger than. It just depends how aggressive they are, although I wouldn't risk getting one from a shop

Back
Top Bottom