Hi, new to the forum from Central Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenniferinfl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thought I should probably post an intro before hopping into the forums.

My name is Jennifer, I'm just getting back into the hobby after an 8 year hiatus. Got my 40 gallon tank started up about 6 weeks ago, now have another three 10 gallon tanks, a 20 gallon long and a 5 gallon hex newly setup.

My previous experience with fish mostly included pond fish and livebearers. For awhile I managed a pet department in a Walmart that had fish. But, we all know that experience is limited at best. Anyhow, about 8 years ago my well meaning father in law cleaned the tops of my tanks with Windex when he was house-sitting and killed off all of my fish. Haven't had fish since, well, up until 6 weeks ago.

This time around I'm doing things very differently. Previously I loved the bright colored livebearers, pink gravel and plastic plants. This time around I'm trying live plants, fish like tetras and apistos, and more of a biotope type thing.

Looking forward to meeting more fish people! :)

Welcome to our forums Jennifer, thanks for joining us! I also enjoy biotope type aquariums. :)

You have MTS (multiple tank syndrome) for sure! :lol:. Many of us have it here (including me, as I will hopefully be acquiring a few more tanks in the future).

Enjoy, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you ever need to! :welcome:

Welcome to our forums Jennifer, thanks for joining us! I also enjoy biotope type aquariums. :)

You have MTS (multiple tank syndrome) for sure! :lol:. Many of us have it here (including me, as I will hopefully be acquiring a few more tanks in the future).

Enjoy, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you ever need to! :welcome:

LOL, yeah, I would say I definitely have MTS. My husband was the one who started nagging me about at least restocking the 40 gallon tank. I warned him that it would open a can of worms and we would have 100 aquariums in a year. He didn't believe me.. hahahahaha

Oh well, it's started now, I'm just glad the Petco $1 a gallon sale goes to the end of the month. I need more tanks.. lol

LOL, yeah, I would say I definitely have MTS. My husband was the one who started nagging me about at least restocking the 40 gallon tank. I warned him that it would open a can of worms and we would have 100 aquariums in a year. He didn't believe me.. hahahahaha

Oh well, it's started now, I'm just glad the Petco $1 a gallon sale goes to the end of the month. I need more tanks.. lol
Ah well he can't complain so. You don't encourage an ex-addict to indulge in their ex-addiction and not expect them to become addicted again...haha. I wish my partner was like that, she hates them!!!.
I really can't believe this Petco $1 per gallon sale. I thought it was a joke at first. Is there terms and conditions on it, minimum/maximum size tanks??

Ah well he can't complain so. You don't encourage an ex-addict to indulge in their ex-addiction and not expect them to become addicted again...haha. I wish my partner was like that, she hates them!!!.
I really can't believe this Petco $1 per gallon sale. I thought it was a joke at first. Is there terms and conditions on it, minimum/maximum size tanks??

Ian, I believe it is only on 10g, 20g (long and high), 29g, 40g, and 55g. Additionally, I believe it is only for Aqueon tanks. :)

Jennifer, the Petco sale is great! I will hopefully be getting a tank from the sale soon. :)

Ian, I believe it is only on 10g, 20g (long and high), 29g, 40g, and 55g. Additionally, I believe it is only for Aqueon tanks. :)

Jennifer, the Petco sale is great! I will hopefully be getting a tank from the sale soon. :)

Yup, that's exactly it. I've been in a few times already. None of my local stores got the 55 gallon tanks in though. Eh, just as well, the fish I like are just fine in the 40 gallon tanks and below. Sale is through July 27th or while supplies last. Local Petco told me they were surprised they weren't sold out yet. I'm hoping to pick up another 40 and a couple more 20's on Friday. But, we'll see.. :)

Though, in all fairness that one does come with lighting and filtration. Our $1 a gallon sale is literally just the glass box.. lol

I probably spent $120 for my lighting, $30 for the glass canopy and another $35 for very basic filtration. Another $35 for a heater. Could have been done cheaper though I suppose. It doesn't appear that site sells just the tank.

For comparison, the 20 gallon on sale for $20 is usually $42.99 for just the tank.

Back
Top Bottom