Hi new to this site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aintnopuffer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Iv always enjoyed the thought of owning an aquarium and have had one for about half a year I have a fluval edge with 5 danios 2 assassin snails, 2 coolie loach and looaaads of little snails. I could do with a few tips on how to eradicate the snail infestation any help? Thnx ppl

welcome to AA,how big is th tank?danios should be in a 20 galllon tank(at least),and loaches like 4 or more. the snail infestation is caused by excess food,try feeding less.

The best way to remove snails is to get some lettuce in the bottom of the tank and put a little gravel in the center of it to hold it down when u go to bed and in the morning remove it it should be covered with snails

Yhh I'm gunna try tha lettuce trick tonight thanx for that m8. There's another thing I wanted to ask for some reason my waters got a tint of red like its amazon water or something lol. I'm not sure if it's tha drift wood Iv got in there or what I I do water changes every week?

Water changes every week will help and also put some poly fill u know the stuff from walmart to stuff toy animals in the filter make sure it doesn't have fire retardants or any anti-mildew stuff on it because it can be bad for the fish change this every week and it will cut down on the color

Back
Top Bottom