Hi Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jillywilko

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

Am new to the forum and in the process of building up a 200l freshwater aquarium. I have a well established 60l already, kept fish as a youngster and just getting back into it.

I had my first algae bloom in the new tank which kept me awake with worry in ways to clear it, and have to say I've had remarkable results with the green killing machine I'm sure most of you have heard of.

My feel good news story of the week is as follows. I had dropped down to just the one neon tetra in the small tank. He was pretty miserable and introvert and I have just introduced him with trepidation to the bigger tank I'm establishing. I can't tell you how amazed I was when I saw him pick through numerous other fish buddies to find his mini shoal of tetra friends. He's a lot bigger than them but he found them and has played, ducked and dived and is a totally different fish. Some may think this a really rubbish little story but it's amazed me and filled me with confidence about my new tank and ultimately brought home how we are able to control the health and welfare of our fish.

Anyway, I do have one question if anyone can answer it. My clown loaches are super lively, and I mean SUPER lively, up and down the tank wall, in and out of bubbles etc. my previous experience of loaches is that they have been shy and introvert, usually hiding and barely moving. Just wondering if this is normal ?

Back
Top Bottom