Hi there.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seaflowerkitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody! I joined this forum site to improve my knowledge about saltwater aquarium keeping. I have a 12 gallon tank, but I can see that I will need to have a bigger tank some day to really have a fabulous reef tank. I have always lived on an island in the Pacific Ocean, so I guess saltwater 'is in my blood'. :fish2: A former boyfriend insisted on buying me a present so that's how I wound up with my little tank. I would have gone with a bigger tank, like a 29-gallon, but I live on the top floor of an apartment building and worried about the weight and the possibility of a leak. So I have an all-in-one jbj nano cube. I use live rock and don't have a refugium or or a protein skimmer and I change the water 1gallon at a time per week with freshly made saltwater from my LFS that I trust and don't add anything except when needed. I try to test my water weekly. My LFS are pleased that my parameters have remained steady for such a small tank.:). I started this this tank last August, and have slowly added coral frags since then. I lost a cleaner shrimp(sorry Sebastian:nono:) which I was rather distressed as he was such a little character, and two bumblebee snails and two hermit crabs. I thought I lost another hermit crab recently as his shell seemed empty and I found what I thought was his corpse outside of his shell. I bought three more crabs to deal with the hair algae that was creeping up again, only to find when I added some frozen brine shrimp, my recently deceased crab emerged from his shell, looking hale and hearty. Ha! :ROFLMAO:. I wish to maintain my tanks health and add some more corals when my knowledge improves and my funds increase.:fish1::)

Back
Top Bottom