Hi there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tizer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all!
I was led to this site after looking up advice for a constipated catfish lol

I'm just establishing my first ever tank, a little 20L tropical freshwater one that was a birthday gift. I'm finding it far more involving and enjoyable than expected, and am hoping that as my experience grows so will my tanks!

current population is 2 black lyretail mollys,
1 bronze and 1 peppered cory
6 male guppy

Looking forward to speaking with you all,

Tizer

thank you :)

Here's my 5GL tank, bit pictures of fish will be once they slow down or I get better with a camera lol

Attachments

• fish tank!.jpg
    fish tank!.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 113
thanks - I put a lot of time in asking questions before putting anything in, and have only had to change a couple of plants that were small leafed and apparently iresistably delicious to my molly's lol.
As I only added mu guppy's on Saturday I'm letting them settle in a bit before adding a snail trap, as my tank is a bit too small for loaches as well. Which is a shame as the yo-yo loaches appealed - maybe next time, as my house-mates are already talking about a bigger tank for christmas :)

thanks - I put a lot of time in asking questions before putting anything in, and have only had to change a couple of plants that were small leafed and apparently iresistably delicious to my molly's lol.
As I only added mu guppy's on Saturday I'm letting them settle in a bit before adding a snail trap, as my tank is a bit too small for loaches as well. Which is a shame as the yo-yo loaches appealed - maybe next time, as my house-mates are already talking about a bigger tank for christmas :)

Mollies are known to nip/eat away at plants. All livebearers are actually known to do that. ( platys, swordtails, mollies, etc ). And you have pond snails overrunning your tank? Just get an assassin snail. They are cool looking and remove snails easily. And that'll be exciting when you get another tank! What size do you think it's gonna be?

Back
Top Bottom