Hi there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rkeCO

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been mucking my way through keeping a 10 gallon community tank for my son for about 6 years. This summer after we finally lost some long-term residents, I finally decided to make the switch to a planted tank. Currently, having some struggles with algae blooms and keeping my pH in check. I posted another thread over in the Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started forum. Any thoughts or advice are greatly appreciated!

Hi I also have a 10 gallon planted tank as well. I've noticed you really need a good substrate i use the Carib Sea Eco Complete which I love. Its full of rich nutrients witch will help the live plants. Some easy ones i haven't had a ton of issues with is the
amazon sword (witch is planted in the substrate), Java fern (witch attached to wood or rocks), Anubis (planted in substrate), and moss balls. I always fertilize the tank every couple weeks and add root tabs in the substrate making sure there getting enough food. I also do weekly vacuum of the gravel as well as a 30% water change. The wood added a small amount of tannins but i don't mind it too much. But your fish will be sooo much happier in the live planted aquarium, keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom