Hi there..I'm new here and need some advice:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

April

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wanted to say it's nice to find like minded people out there. I'm a fish lover too, and just got my tanks up and running a couple of months ago. I have a 36 gal with guppies, cory catfish, and cardinals. The guppies have already dropped fry and I was going to transfer them to the little bookshelf tank which is 6 1/5 gal. I did some tests first..all ok...except the Ph is WAY too high in the small tank. It's ok in the bigger tank, but 8.8 purple in the small tank, so the fry are taking their chances in the big tank until I can catch them all and put them in the breeder net. What shall I do to lower the ph and get the tanks the same?:confused:

Hi there's API product that could lower ph level.it should be at 7.0-7.8 ph

MrHuizar said:

Welcome to AA both of you! The API products really mess with the tank, no one recommends to use it. Bogwood or driftwood lowers ph.

April said:
Just wanted to say it's nice to find like minded people out there. I'm a fish lover too, and just got my tanks up and running a couple of months ago. I have a 36 gal with guppies, cory catfish, and cardinals. The guppies have already dropped fry and I was going to transfer them to the little bookshelf tank which is 6 1/5 gal. I did some tests first..all ok...except the Ph is WAY too high in the small tank. It's ok in the bigger tank, but 8.8 purple in the small tank, so the fry are taking their chances in the big tank until I can catch them all and put them in the breeder net. What shall I do to lower the ph and get the tanks the same?:confused:

:welcome: to AA
To to lower I would use peat or driftwood as stated above or you can use distilled water. Personally in what your trying to do o would use your tank water from the other witch is what a lot of people here do when setting up fry tanks, hospital or qt tanks.

MrHuizar said:

Welcome to AA to you tooooo
Those kind of products are not recommended because it makes ph fluctuate witch is not good.

8.8 is a high Ph, mine sits at that level as well. I have three pieces of driftwood in my tank and it still sits at that. The guppies and tetras will tolerate the Ph but the corycats will not. I have to use a product called neutral regulator from seachem, I only recommend this product because of how high your Ph is. I recommend trying the driftwood first before resorting to using any chemical.
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/NeutralRegulator.html
Oh and,
~* Welcome to AA*~

Back
Top Bottom