Hiya from the Central Coast in CA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiskadden

Aquarium Advice Regular
I wanted to say hi because it seems like a good step forward towards being part of the community here. :wave:

Thought I should mention why I was inclined to join you all. It seems kinda hard to take advice seriously online... however, I do notice that people here seem pretty active in posting responses and that a lot of times there is conflicting information. The nice thing about this site is that because there are so many users, you notice that usually a couple of others will back up one person or the other when there are major discrepancies and help flush out an answer that is closer to the truth.

I also joined so I could not only read and learn about freshwater tanks, but be able to ask questions too. I ended up here after watching some of Pecktec's youtube videos about the Fluval brand aquarium kits. :) While I have no real experience with fish, I hope to learn. I do have 10 plus years of pet rat experience, so pets are not a completely foreign thing to me.

Thank you in advance to all who help me whether you realize it or not. One small act of kindness can leave lasting impressions. :lol:

Get welcome to AA!

Another rodent fan awesome! I don't keep rats, but I have guinea pigs, what other pets do you have?
Welcome to AA!

Welcome to the forum :) I use to keep pet rat's, my hubby really likes them :)

Get welcome to AA!

Another rodent fan awesome! I don't keep rats, but I have guinea pigs, what other pets do you have?
Welcome to AA!

Just a pair of twin boy rats at the moment... they both have the exact same black eye patch over their right eye and an all white body. :lol: We tell them apart by their size... luckly one is a hefty guy (Pirat) and the other is the more dominant active guy (Bandit).

To Shellyx... My husband is not at all sharing my excitement of a new fish tank in our future. He MUCH prefers rats... It is pretty unclear if we will have more rats after I get my fish tank seeing as I was the one doing 90% of the work cleaning/training/caring for our rats. :whistle: He calls my interest in having a fish tank a fad... but I doubt that will be the case. We will see if I feel I have the time for both rats and fish in my life if hubby doesn't choose to step up to the plate and care for the rats himself. :blink:

We both had a rat my hubbys was really quite mine was the total opposite i use to catch him chewing through anything he could get his teeth into lol even my fone wire! They were great fun, we were actually looking at a couple of rat's a couple of weeks ago but they were both boy's and weren't sure if we could house them together.
I think my two tanks and dog's are enough for me lol

I don't like rats, if their tail wouldn't be hairless, I would keep them, that's why I have a guinea pig, no tail

We both had a rat my hubbys was really quite mine was the total opposite i use to catch him chewing through anything he could get his teeth into lol even my fone wire! They were great fun, we were actually looking at a couple of rat's a couple of weeks ago but they were both boy's and weren't sure if we could house them together.
I think my two tanks and dog's are enough for me lol

The best way to have a pair of boys is to get them as brothers. There is still a rare chance that they will fight horribly but I have only heard of one case of it happening to the point that they needed separate cages. My boys get into tiffs every now and then... But no blood no foul.... Just like brothers. :)

I don't like rats, if their tail wouldn't be hairless, I would keep them, that's why I have a guinea pig, no tail

Lol... My hubby didn't like their balls... But the male rats curiosity and charm changed his mind. He will never have female rats again. Oh... And their tails aren't so bad if you train them to like bath time and give them one once a month. :) at least... That's been my experience.

The best way to have a pair of boys is to get them as brothers. There is still a rare chance that they will fight horribly but I have only heard of one case of it happening to the point that they needed separate cages. My boys get into tiffs every now and then... But no blood no foul.... Just like brothers. :)

Thanks, I'll remember that when I go back and see if they have any brothers. :)

Back
Top Bottom