Howdy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bokuza

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Howdy all! How are you doing? I decided to join because most of my questions that were searched led me here. :) Right now I have a basic 10 gallon, heater, hood and filter. I feed brine shrimp and sometimes flakes. You'll have to excuse how bare it is right now. I just had a very bad break out of ALGAE! Most of the plants had to be cut and thrown away. :(

I started with mollies...a yellow male, a black/yellow male and two black females. I knew nothing about fish when they were given to me so I did a 100% water change, killing the two females. After doing some research I bought a nice hood, heater, two female tester platys and a better filter. Everything went great so I put them all together. Months later I bought a black ghost, two dojos and my yellow male molly and female sunkiss platy had babes. None of them were eaten so I had to give half away along with Daddy since he was chasing the same platy too much. Three days ago I spotted the most regal male dalmatian molly in a local store. I got him and *wanted* to get an equally nice female but the employee was very rude so I stuck with whatever female she could catch. :)

Doesn't he need a sexy awesome kingly name?
img4640w.jpg

So heres my whole tank right now!
Black Ghost
2 Dojos
3 female/2 male molly/platy hybrid babies
male gold dust molly
male dalmation molly
female dalmation molly
2 female platys

I can't wait till I get the cashe to upgrade!!! Should I choose a longer or taller tank?

Welcome to AA. i think you need to make a thread in the fw section. you have some major stocking problems i see. for example the black ghost knife will grow to 20+ inch.

Welcome to AA. i think you need to make a thread in the fw section. you have some major stocking problems i see. for example the black ghost knife will grow to 20+ inch.

:) Sorry for lack there of reply!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

How big of a tank should I be going to?

OOHH! Even more welcomes, thank you!

I found a 75 gallon on CL, is that big enough?

Back
Top Bottom