Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johny

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ever wonder how you're supposed to start one of these... Maybe...

Two fish walk into a bar, one looks at the other and says....j/k. I don't really know any fish jokes. Started good though, eh?

I'm Johny. I'm married, have two kids, and started keeping fish about 7-8 weeks ago. We got started as a birthday present for our now two year old. We have taken her to a large Aquarium a couple of times and she REALLY liked it, so we decided fish would be a good birthday present. Now several weeks later I am the caretaker (not that I expected any different with a two year old). But I am finding that I actually really like fish and aquariums. Never really had much of a hobby before. I have always been athletic and outdoorsy, but now I have something fun to do at home: stare at fish!

I am really enjoying learning about the hobby of keeping fish. There is SO much information and so much to learn. I think there are about 1000 things I didn't know when I got started that I am picking up little by little as I go. Thankfully we have been smart (and by smart I mean lucky) enough to not kill any fish (except a mystery snail, but I think it was gonna die anyways before we bought it).

Right now we have 2.5 aquariums/tanks. LOL. We started with a 20 gal (Thought I think its actually 18 gal, not 20) that we bought used, set up and partially stocked. We found it in a local classifieds ad for $60. We thought that would be a pretty affordable way to start. A bit more money later we have the tank actually set up a lot better. We somewhere in the process decided we wanted a betta to join our community tank. It worked really well...for a day. Then he took a chunk off another fishes tail. So that is where tank #2 comes into the picture. He has his own 2.5 gal tank now and seems to love it. It other .5 tank is actaully a large vase (I know, I know) for 6 guppy fry. They will go into our community tank as soon as they are not bit sized any more.

Well, long winded and rambling and a long time later, thats me (us) in a nut shell. Looking forward to getting to know more of you and learning from your experience. :)

Thank you. I have used another forum for several weeks now, but have found many of their members to be a bit rude and cold. I am hoping the members here are a bit nicer!

Hey, welcome to the forum. I've found this to be a great place to find out all sorts of good fish keeping fact.. ande be careful, tanks are contagious, I'm getting ready for tanks 3 and 4 haha

hi
I think you had a joke fish GIL T Bars haha
what would you like with your drink?
just-ice

Back
Top Bottom