Howdy from Long Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelocarusone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everyone:

I'm new to AA. I've been coming to the site for about two weeks now, reading up on various things; but last night I figured that I would register so that I could start posting.

I used to have a 40 gallon tank when I was in HS, but I never did anything correctly with it, and eventually got sick of having it around so I stuck it in storage (which it still is). Recently, a friend of mine bought me a betta. I liked him so much, that I went out and bought a 6 gallon eclipse system, i put a few plants in it (which are growing amazingly well) and two bleeding heart tetras. It finally finished cycling and everything is order now.

The betta appeared to have dropsy though, I gave him a 5-day dose of Maracyn-Two and he seems to be doing much better. He swims around now and just looks generally better. So, hopefully, everything is good there.

I'm on the site to learn more about keeping a small planted tank and also to learn about reefs, because I want to start up a nano-reef with 1 clown fish.

The site is great and I'm glad to be a part of it. Thanks.

[center:54d66ab3cb] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, angelocarusone! :n00b: [/center:54d66ab3cb]

Where on LI??? I grew up along the South Shore in Oakdale!

Welcome to the community! :)

It's always nice to meet another potential reef victim.. err hobbyist :lol:

Welcome to AA! Looks like you are well on your way, and you probably already have a lot of advice to give, having nursed your betta through a difficult illness- :)

Hi fellow LIers.I'm also new to the site from Port Jefferson Station.After many years getting back to the aquatics.Started a pond and aquarium. Right now I have just a 30h that I use in the winter to keep some large goldfish that I move to the pond during summer.Still looking for a real filter that cleans water.I'd wish they made the old aquqmasters;those were real filters.

Great to see Long Island is being so well represented on AA :D

Back
Top Bottom