Howdy from Mississippi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjm80

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, my name is TJ and I reside from the great state of Mississippi! I have a wonderful (and understanding of my love for animals) wife and a beautiful 1 year old son.

On 12/31/10 I got a 60 gallon aquarium and stand, got her set up with only about 5 or 6 gallons of water on the floor :8O: due to user error involved with the filter. Luckily we have stained concrete floors and not carpet, so it was a shopvac and a few towels and I was back to setting up.

As of now, I have the tank up and going, and trying to start the cycle. I've got 15 lbs of live sand along with crushed coral, and a 15 pound live rock. Let me tell you, I'm finding more interesting stuff in and on the live rock every day!

In college, I had a 20 gallon freshwater tank and decided that I wanted to bring the ocean to my living room!

I look forward to getting to know everyone, and EVENTUALLY being able to help others!

Welcome aboard! Good to see someone else from my state. :)

Welcome to AA TJ!! :) :)

Wish ya hadn't done that crushed coral. I see so many want to get rid of it later. Read up on related posts and see what ya think.

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to AA TJ!! :) :)

Wish ya hadn't done that crushed coral. I see so many want to get rid of it later. Read up on related posts and see what ya think.

Well I call it crushed coral, but the bag said Aragonite. Not sure if it's actually coral or not.

Back
Top Bottom