Howdy from Wonderful Windy Wyoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wyomingite

Aquarium Advice Freak
Howdy from Wonderful Windy Wyoming! Been keepin' fish since I received my first 10 gallon tank for my 15th birthday, so for almost 30 years. My main interest in the hobby is and has long been Rift Valley cichlids, but gobies, native darters and sunfish, and the so-called oddballs have always appealed to me as well. Recently have taken interests in the Badidae, freshwater inverts, and ripariums. Over the years I've gone through my phases, and have kept a large variety of different species, from hardy species like white cloud mountain minnows and convict cichlids to more advanced cichlids and brackish/marine species. I've dabbled in most aspects of the hobby at least once (okay at least two or three times); the only aspect I haven’t given a serious try is a reef tank. I currently have 50+ tanks rangin’ from 5 1/2 gallons to 225 gallons, though quite a few aren’t yet stocked. Finished up my fishroom in mid-2009 and I'm bein’ picky, I know exactly what I want and am in no hurry to fill tanks just because they're empty. Also have a few tanks I haven’t quite decided what I want to do with, yet, which is how I ended up here. :) I have a Bachelor's degree in Zoology from the University of Wyoming, and part of my responsibilities at work the past ten years has been supervisin’ a wastewater treatment plant.

I use the same handle across any forums on the web, so some of ya may know me from elsewhere.

Stumbled across this forum while googling carnivorous plants in ripariums and carnivorous plants native to Wyoming. Found a link to Wy Renegade’s 20L bog tank. Decided I was gonna hafta join if I ever wanted to ask any questions.

WYite

Welcome aboard, nice to have another Wyomingnite around. Sounds like you've run the gauntlet of possibilities. If you get a riparium up and running, be sure and post some pictures up, I'd love to see what direction you go!

Welcome to aquarium advice! I am so jealous, 50+ tanks! That is amazing!

Welcome to AA

Howdy from Wonderful Windy Wyoming! Been keepin' fish since I received my first 10 gallon tank for my 15th birthday, so for almost 30 years. My main interest in the hobby is and has long been Rift Valley cichlids, but gobies, native darters and sunfish, and the so-called oddballs have always appealed to me as well. Recently have taken interests in the Badidae, freshwater inverts, and ripariums. Over the years I've gone through my phases, and have kept a large variety of different species, from hardy species like white cloud mountain minnows and convict cichlids to more advanced cichlids and brackish/marine species. I've dabbled in most aspects of the hobby at least once (okay at least two or three times); the only aspect I haven’t given a serious try is a reef tank. I currently have 50+ tanks rangin’ from 5 1/2 gallons to 225 gallons, though quite a few aren’t yet stocked. Finished up my fishroom in mid-2009 and I'm bein’ picky, I know exactly what I want and am in no hurry to fill tanks just because they're empty. Also have a few tanks I haven’t quite decided what I want to do with, yet, which is how I ended up here. :) I have a Bachelor's degree in Zoology from the University of Wyoming, and part of my responsibilities at work the past ten years has been supervisin’ a wastewater treatment plant.

I use the same handle across any forums on the web, so some of ya may know me from elsewhere.

Stumbled across this forum while googling carnivorous plants in ripariums and carnivorous plants native to Wyoming. Found a link to Wy Renegade’s 20L bog tank. Decided I was gonna hafta join if I ever wanted to ask any questions.

WYite

Hello WY...

Welcome from your neighbor just a little to the east and south. Always good to have access to another experienced waterkeeper, so we can soak up a little more information. Looking forward to your posts!

B

Hello.

50 tanks is a large job to keep up with.
I'll be in the fair state in about 6 weeks.
Any fish stores along I-80 I should try to stop in?
I'm thinking of a fish run on my way home.

Back
Top Bottom