I need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roofshadow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 2 gal Beta tank i cleaned a week ago. I used the water conditioners I always use. He died yesterday :(I have a 36 gal fresh water tank. I cleaned it 4 days ago. Used water conditioner as always. 2 fish have died :(
Our water in the subdivision was off a few hours 2 weeks ago and has smelled like rotten eggs ever since!!
I had water tested at Petsmart and every thing looked good.
Any suggestions???

I would call the water company and question them about the smell. Maybe running the water for a few minutes before your PWC will flush the pipes. Sorry to hear about your fish, you didn't do anything wrong.

Thank you

I think some phospherous gasses was in the water when they turned it back on and the water conditioner didnt help that. Water smells ok now. Did another water change and the remainig fish seem to be doing good.

Anytime your water is stopped and sitting for awhile it produces Hydrogen sulfide which is the rotten egg smell. Just turn on your water faucets and let you water run a few minutes and it should be OK. I work for a water municipality so I have seen it over and over.

BTW welcome to AA.

Thank you!! I dif a water change and the rest of my fish seem to be doing good now.
Thank you again :)

Back
Top Bottom