Intro to the community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendymorrow95

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, my name is wendy and I joined because I've quickly gotten addicted to the calm feeling I get from looking at my tanks. Over the years and I've been upgrading from the intro 1gal(5yrs ago) to currently being the owner of several tanks ranging from multiple 1gal styles, a couple 5gal, a 10, 15, & 20. Ive been very successful breeding dalmation mollies and sunfire platty's(? Is that how that is pluralized? Platty's or Platties? LOL!!:lol:) Anyway, now they're taking over & Im running out of tank space and looking for suggestions...& to make some new friends because I know Im going to want a saltwater tank someday, A BIG ONE!! & I'm sure I'll need to know lots about them before I get there, so Im reading alot & thats fun but personal experience from veterans is the best way to learn, or so Im told. :fish2:So, I guess you could say I'm fishing for the wisdom of others! :brows: Nice to meet everyone & I'm hoping to get some suggestions about what I should do with the 30-50 fry I currently have. :thanks:

Welcome to AA Wendy :) are you trying to make a little money or is free an option? You could post them on craigslist or speak to local fish stores (lfs) near you to see if they will take them or give you store credit for food. Most places won't take fish like that (mouthbrooders mainly) because they are easy to breed and do it very often so they are experiencing the same thing in most cases.

Hey! Welcome! Any fish stores near you? Sometimes they'll buy them from you. Not or a fantastic price but if you have enough you could slowly build up enough credit to start that SW tank ;)

Back
Top Bottom