Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perrdav

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone! Thought I would introduce myself quick since I've been signed up with forum for six months, mostly learning and reading a ton, but haven't said a whole lot. Been keeping fish for about 3 years now. I'm a Technical Sergeant in the Air Force and currently work as a meteorologist forecasting in Afghanistan and the gulf region. My wife is a promoter for 'The Challenge' which is a great weight loss team utillizing products produced by Visalus. I also have 2 future fish junkies the boy is turning 3 in may and the girl will be 10 in July. Found out I'm going to be here (S Carolina) for a few more years, so it's time to get the tanks into overdrive!

I currently have a 37 gal reef tank with 2 mated clowns, 1 blue spotted Watchman Goby, and 1 purple dottyback. Also have the usual CUC and an emerald crab. Corals are mostly LPS with some Ricordia as well.

I also have a 55 gal planted tank with lots is swords and a few other plants. In that tank there is around 3 dwarf and 2 blue gouramis, 3 guppies with a new baby and 5 cherry barbs, 3 of which are pregnant. Also have a few emerald catfish and 2 plecos that get along well. I dose co2 daily.

I really want to upgrade to one tank and go with either a 180 or 125 reef. I love them both, but man that 180 seems huge. I hope to be more active in the future where I won't be asking completely dumb questions, that I could have researched easily. I want to expand my knowledge and help as many as I can through my research and personal experience.

I appreciate any help I can get from anyone! I just want to learn and enjoy this amazing hobby! Looking forward to making some new friends as well. Take care - Dave

Back
Top Bottom