Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there

I currently have 3 aquariums ( 4 including one I am housing new born Texas fry ) and a pond with Koi. They range in size from a 300 litre lovely rosewood cabinet style and an Aqua one AR650 and 980. I recently bought the Aqua One 650 to isolate my Texas as he was getting quite large however he looked miserable so I placed him back in the community tank of cichlids and he breed twice in the past 6 mths...then died shortly after the 2nd lot were born which floored me :(The AR980 I bought a couple of weeks back as I thought it would be a good idea to have 'a spare' however I couldn't help myself and have just filled it with 20kg of rock/coral and coral sand to make it look marine ( similar to my 650 but that has gravel and shell grit). After seeking advice from aquariums this week and researching how to convert this tank to marine for a different look, I sadly gave up and bought...you guessed it....MORE cichlids. A little concerned as I bought from the same aquarium as always and have just read that my blue severum is going to grow huge and the maingano is not a community tank fish and he is chasing everyone :facepalm:. This is why I am glad I came across this site and others to research fish species before I get carrried away in the aquarium again and then suffer buyer's remorse...and hopefully find some fantastic breeds to keep an eye out for.:fish2:

Welcome to AA!

What size is your tank in gallons?
I am not much of a cichlid expert, I know more of freshwater fish other than cichlids, so if you have questions, ask
Welcome!

Hi Shellyx -Sorry for the late response...working this site out. I have owned same too when I had a tropical set up and also owned a tank with blue crayfish ( not sure if that's the right name anymore) .It came with eggs attached under her tail so that was an interesting surprise when they hatched. A battle of the toughest each day.:fish2:

...and thanks for the welcome...had some problems working this site out so my original response didn't work.

Hi Shellyx -Sorry for the late response...working this site out. I have owned same too when I had a tropical set up and also owned a tank with blue crayfish ( not sure if that's the right name anymore) .It came with eggs attached under her tail so that was an interesting surprise when they hatched. A battle of the toughest each day.:fish2:

Hi, that would have been cool! Always found crayfish interesting but never had room for one lol

Back
Top Bottom