intros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moonstone5879

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, my name is Kory, I am really excited about building a tank and whatever else I can make myself. I love Oscars and I want to breed veiltail albino tigers and veiltail tigers. I went to a pet fish store near by and I got an estimate on the whole setup minus the fish and it was $650.00 for a 55 gallon tank and the filters and everything else I need for them. I just can't afford that so hopefully I will be able to save a lot by building it myself!!!

I probably paid about $700 for my 75g planted in total. Look on Craigslist for a tank. Leak test it and much cheaper than a new one. I'm also about to build a DIY stand for my 40 breeder. Much cheaper and sturdier than store bought.

Oscars are also very messy I wouldn't go below a 75g for one. That's just me though.

Hope all goes well and welcome :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I probably paid about $700 for my 75g planted in total. Look on Craigslist for a tank. Leak test it and much cheaper than a new one. I'm also about to build a DIY stand for my 40 breeder. Much cheaper and sturdier than store bought.

Oscars are also very messy I wouldn't go below a 75g for one. That's just me though.

Hope all goes well and welcome :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Thank you! I was only doing 55 gal cause of cost but if I build my own or can find a good used tank I want to go about 100 gal.

Back
Top Bottom