I've got my feet wet; ready to take the plunge!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovin Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello. I am joining this group because I really would like to be able to interact with others who have had experience with fish keeping so that I can learn a thing or two. I am completely new to this amazing hobby and am loving it! My current tank, which is my first, is a 30 gallon community tank, partially planted. I have had it for only a few short months and have obtained an 88 gallon to upgrade to. I can hardly wait to have it up and running! We will be adding 3 other fish tanks to our home as well. Smaller ones for betta communities. We were given 3 betta's in bowls and plan to put them in something they can enjoy. Anyway, that's our "fish-story"! I look forward to meeting many of you! It's gonna be cool! :cool:
Amanda

Hey there, welcome...

but time out....

You're putting 3 bettas together?? I hope 2 are female, or you're going to be watching one mean fish fight. If you have a green one, my moneys on him.

Even with 1male/2female, 88 gallons will require decent filtration, meaning more power, and likely leading to more water movement/current. No good a betta. Also, if it's a tall tank, you better hope the betta likes going to the top for food, because he may never find it otherwise. Some stay in and about the plants all day, only going up for air.

Thank you for your comment and advise. I am always researching my fish types and will always do so as to never abuse my fish or put the wrong fish together. I tend to be long winded with detail in my posts, so must have lost you in my "mummble-jumble". Sorry. A woman gave me the 3 bettas in seperate bowls and I will be moving them into their own tanks (three 10-20 gallon tanks, not sure yet). I was concidering placing one in the 88 gallon after I got everything squared away and was sure there was an adequet section for him to put up shack. I am pretty sure there will be dead spots, at least slow moving spots within the forest of plants in one section of the tank. But, if not he will already be residing in his 10 or 20 gallon. Thanks again! I do appreciate your advise!

Im new to AA too but i joined to give info more than recieve :) i love helping

That is awesome! To join to help people. It will be neat when I am in your shoes one day; able to help because I am an experienced fish hobbyist. This group is a great one! I tried others and I tell ya, there's a distinct difference from folks here compared to those other forums I tried out.

Back
Top Bottom