Jumping in,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wild

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well hi there everyone,

After hearing my friend talk about her aquarium so much, i finally decided i want to get one. I'm hoping to find a nice 30-55 gal used one around so i can start this thing off right =)

I've only had the little 3 gal ones that don't even count as an aquarium. Well, I finally found out why nothing really lived long in there so i'm not going back to that.

So yeah, basically just here to ask you guys tons of questions, hope you won't mind!

Welcome to AA! Go for the biggest tank you can afford/have space for. You'll regret it eventually if you don't. :) I've gone from a 10g to a 20 to 30, now a 75 and have a 220g in storage. ;)

Check out the articles section too, lots of good information about cycling your tank!

Welcome to AA!!! We're so gals to have you here!! I like the 35-55g range to start out, even if I did start with a 10g.... But it's so much worth it, plus it means more fish;). What type are you thinking of? Fresh or salt? Any ideas on the species??? Planted? Sorry I get a little excited with new tanks:D

Hey! Welcome!! We are all very willing to help you and you will probably get an answer for almost any question. I also like the idea of the 35-55! I would go with the 55g as you have many, many options! Especially cichlids ;) It's a great size. I have one in my fish room.

Oh and BTW @lkbraggcsr, please don't hi jack this thread. Make a thread about it and you are good to go :)

Thanks for the welcomes! Everyone is so nice here =)

hehe i definitely trying to find something closer to 55, i keep crossing my fingers every time i look at craigslist

If i can find a breeder around, i'd like to get a pair of Angels as the center fish
Then i'm also looking at Gouramis, Corys, Pencil fish, Endlers, Danio, loach, or a Flag fish. I'm still looking at temp and Ph for these guys so i'm not 100% but i like the look of them =P

And i'd love to try my hand at putting some plants in it, but i don't know if i feel confident enough to try it right off of the bat

Wild said:
Thanks for the welcomes! Everyone is so nice here =)

hehe i definitely trying to find something closer to 55, i keep crossing my fingers every time i look at craigslist

If i can find a breeder around, i'd like to get a pair of Angels as the center fish
Then i'm also looking at Gouramis, Corys, Pencil fish, Endlers, Danio, loach, or a Flag fish. I'm still looking at temp and Ph for these guys so i'm not 100% but i like the look of them =P

And i'd love to try my hand at putting some plants in it, but i don't know if i feel confident enough to try it right off of the bat

That sounds like you've been looking around and have been doing your research! That's really awesome of you! I would suggest getting maybe anachris or some type of moss if you do work up some confidence, they grow with almost any light source with most all set ups IME! But best of luck finding the tank and researching the fish, oh and Bon chance with the cycling:D

That sounds like you've been looking around and have been doing your research! That's really awesome of you! I would suggest getting maybe anachris or some type of moss if you do work up some confidence, they grow with almost any light source with most all set ups IME! But best of luck finding the tank and researching the fish, oh and Bon chance with the cycling:D

Welcome! and i agree do your research! and you will probably change your mind about 50 times about what fish to get by the time your tank is cycled :lol:

haha well with no tank, researching fish is more fun than stalking craigslist
Oh i like the anarchris, thanks!
I am not looking forward to cycling, i'm so worried i'm going to do it wrong and have it taking months to finish, so i'll need all the luck i can get!

haha i think i've changed my mind about 50 time just today alone :lol:

KonvictKeeper said:
Don't be so worried about cycling. Everyone on here will help you through it and I will get done correctly. I actually think cycling is quite fun ;)

Cycling is practically my favorite sport.:)

Back
Top Bottom