Just an Old Bird Looking for a Place to Roost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
same here getting ready to purchase my second tank in under a year... still i'll be long dead before i even pass 100... youre just nuts... its a good nuts tho

Hi herefishy. Wow, I just joined this forum, and already I am in awe!

Very impressive setup. Since I hail from Florida, I can only equate it with a "Sea World" home you live in.

I am so glad to hear you enjoy it so much, as I, too, am looking forward to the joy this wonderful hobby brings, although on a much smaller scale, of course!

I, personally, find it gratifying to feel that in some small way I (we) are contributing to enable the fish that we keep to enjoy a good quality of life and a longer lifespan than they otherwise might have had in the wild.

That said, I congratulate you and look forward to sharing with you again.

Bob R

Hi there Herefishy, welcome to AA! :wave:

I have a feeling we are all about to become a lot richer from the knowledge and experience you will bring to the forum.

I will be moving ALL of it this summer 350+ miles away. Done it before, not easy but I've had the experience of moving , not quite the quantity, before. The new house, brand new, has a bigger basement and much better lighting. Pictures will come......

I can't complain. I have the fishroom of every fishkeeper's dreams, though it was a nightmare getting it to the point it is today. The move will be much easier in that the racks will already be set up.

I'll move all empty tanks first, empty meaning uninhabited. I am thinking it will take 3-4 phases and will take the better part of a month. Cycling starts this month. No hurry though. I also have extra tanks that are not set up and just stacked in the corner. (yes, I could have even more tanks!!!) These are used for backup in case one cracks or decides to not hold water. The 720g will remain with the house here. I negotiated its sale with the house and will be able to maybe get an even larger tank. Doesn't a 1200g sound challenging? Could happen. The move isn't scheduled to happen until August, so plenty of time to get the plan debugged.

I am impressed that you are able to move that many tanks! I had to move 15 tanks, some of them large and it was only across town! I found that to be a huge undertaking. Kudos to you.

Hope you got a bunch of young helpers to help with the move! Sounds like you have more than enough experience to do it, like you said, it'll take time. Good luck and congrats on the new home! :)

As we all know, the best laid plans can go awry. I do have the benefit of having quite few extra tanks. The last move went well, a move of about 50 miles. This move will be about 350 miles. But the racking and the water system will be in place to move one bank at a time. Not going to be easy probably be done in 7 days, 4 trips.

Back
Top Bottom