Just another drop in the bucket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NanoNerd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
My name is Michael, I am 29 years old. I have been in the hobby for over 10 years and my chi is devoted more to Nano aquariums. I do hope to one day have a larger reef tank when space permits. I look forward to interacting with all of you as we go along.

Peace n chicken greece!

Welcome to AA!
If you could post pics on this thread it would be awesome. 90% of the time I'm on the app and and the profile viewing on it is very limited. Just a friendly request!

image-1415265653.jpg

It's a bit bare at the moment. I don't keep much in the tank. The LR you see I just added about a month ago. I took out all the rubble and smaller rocks and went for the cleaner look.

Attachments

• image-69009513.jpg
    image-69009513.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 66
Wow that tank is clean! LOL Lpve the huge coral, what is that a hammer or frogspawn? Either way looks good.

I see you have a metal halide, are you planning on some more awesome corals?

Thanks, I do bi-monthly scrapings on the side of the tank walls with a razor blade and weekly maintenance with my scrubber on the left. I have a small filter in there right now that I use for a few days after a WC to gather anything that may be floating around, then I remove. No skimmer due to tank volume and hardly any load to really produce a skim. yes, I do have a 150w hqi over the 10g lol most people call me out on that much wattage at such a low level. If the corals are acclimated to the intensity just right they love it. I did how ever burn up a SPS once, lol oops. maybe by the end of the month or next month I may add a plating coral. Yes, it's a frogspawn on the right. When I got the frogspawn it was no bigger then a quarter and now has 7 heads. I may look into fragging him soon. we are about to move in Jan-march when our house is finish being built. I am thinking of going larger but not to much larger.. Maybe 60g square and use this as a fragging tank since it's super stable.

Back
Top Bottom