Just Joined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I just joined this site. I don't have an aquarium yet, but I plan to get a ten gallon for christmas. I came to this website because I love fish and need some aquarium advice.

- fishperson

Nice to meet ya!!

Yay!! Mini tank!!!! Greetings!! :) Do you have any idea of the type of tank you're interested in? Just a tip- 10g tanks are incredibly high maintenance depending on what you want, but make excellent showcase tanks for betta, dwarf gourami, a couple guppies if you like freshwater- also fun aquaria for freshwater are shrimp like cherry and ghost, fiddler crabs- one of my personal favorites, or other inverts. Brackish water you could always keep certain types of gobies and inverts, or use as a starter for brackish puffer fry. Salt water there is always the beautiful and surprisingly easy to maintain nano reef tank with just coral and clean up crew- aka CUC. I'm assuming that you aren't a veteran aquarist so I wouldn't suggest this, but someday I personally want a 10g stargazer fish saltwater feature- Look it up, anyone who reads this :cool: it's awesome!!

A pic of my planted 10g and the very start of my nano reef (y) pm me with any questions if you want... I'm a sporadic forum visitor, but I do receive notification of private messages.
1 40g fw community tank (bettas, oto cats, rasporas and one pleco)
1 30-40g (because of live rock) saltwater hn1 "freshwater" puffer FOWLR (fish only with live rock)
1 20g hospital/ qt tank (1 paradise gourami and one 3 spot gourami)
1 10g planted community (1 male betta and 2 fiddler crabs)
1 10g 2nd cycle nano reef
3 2g betta holding tanks
1 1g planted nuisance snail breeding bowl
1 1g desktop mini bowl with 1 bulb planted and a lily plant from my 10g (elephant ear betta- my most recent betta purchase)

Back
Top Bottom