Just joined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 tanks now we had 12 when my son was living home. But now I have 100 gallon freshwater tank and a 60 gallon saltwater tank. I have huge fish in my freshwater over 16 inches down to 1 inch. Huge mix of catfish sharks and now African chichlids since there tank had a leak. It happened about 8 months ago. I was so scared to put them in there but they are much happier and fight or care about the other fish. My saltwater I have was from my son and I didn't want get rid of it cause he put a lot of money in it. So we just added a lot live rock and now a bunch of fish. I have a fox face angel 2 clowns banana wrasse and 2 red wrasse 4 black and damsels which are getting bigger. 2 chocolate starfish one is orange and the other ways all my snails. Brittle starfish and a pencil urchin those 2 are new. I had a beautiful snowflake eel it was over 12 inches long and 2 inches thick and I hand fed him with the poker but one day he stopped eating and everyone said he would be fine but died. Very sad. I do know about freshwater very easy and not so much on saltwater.

Thanks my son started them and I inherited them. On my saltwater tank I don't have anything but a accuclear 110 gallon filter, do I really need all the stuff I see people have in there saltwater tanks? I took it over from my son and so far only had one bad loss. It was my fault the levels were way too high. But it's been over a year and everything is going well without all the other equipment. Just curious. Thanks

Thanks my son started them and I inherited them. On my saltwater tank I don't have anything but a accuclear 110 gallon filter, do I really need all the stuff I see people have in there saltwater tanks? I took it over from my son and so far only had one bad loss. It was my fault the levels were way too high. But it's been over a year and everything is going well without all the other equipment. Just curious. Thanks

Sorry Stacey, I have zero experience with marine setups. There are some VERY experienced peeps here who will be happy to assist you though. Just post a new thread on the saltwater section. Good luck, and enjoy! :)

Thank you I will!! And thank you for the welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom