Just Joined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

axolotlus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hy everybody, my name is doug, i have a community tank with mollies, platies, corydoras, black skirt tetras, zebra danios and gold chinese algae eater in one tank, in another tank i have 4 goldfish and chinese algae eater, and in a divider tank i have 3 bettas. In the future i would love to get 2 more tanks, one with axolotls and haven't decided what i would put in the other tank yet. :fish2:

Welcome!

Keep an eye on those Chinese algae eaters. They get vicious as they get older.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm also new and have no idea how to post anything. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hy everybody, my name is doug, i have a community tank with mollies, platies, corydoras, black skirt tetras, zebra danios and gold chinese algae eater in one tank, in another tank i have 4 goldfish and chinese algae eater, and in a divider tank i have 3 bettas. In the future i would love to get 2 more tanks, one with axolotls and haven't decided what i would put in the other tank yet. :fish2:

Welcome to the forum.

At first glance, if all these fish are in each of the tanks you have listed, you're seriously overstocked. I would suggest to rehome many of them or upgrade ASAP !!! The goldfish will do best in at least a 30 gal (113L) for the first one and then an additional 10g per fish. As well as being considered the messiest of the FW community and needing high filtration and WC schedule, should they pair up and breed, you could be looking at 1000 eggs from each female.

As pointed out above, the CAE's will become more aggressive as they mature. They too also require a much larger tank than what you have them listed in.

Hopefully we can help you and your tanks along. Any questions just ask around.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Welcome Doug.

This will help you with some basics,

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f9/forums-101-posting-accounts-basics-107597.html

Here in Admin section there are a bunch of stickies about things like using the app and different phones.

Forum Admin & Announcements - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

It is great that you came to get some solid info about taking care of your fish.

We love them here for sure, and will help as much as possible. This way you can take the best care of them possible while you get to enjoy watching and keeping their little world!

I would consider the option to rehome/ return the Chinese Algae Eater they are not very good tankmates for the community tank, and find out more about the special care of Goldfish too, they are a cool (cold) water fish the others more more tropical.

Here is the section for the Goldfish
Freshwater & Brackish - Coldwater, Native Fish & Ponds - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

There are many stickies at the top of each section which have loads of info, then articles as well. Happy learning to you.

Back
Top Bottom