Just joined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billburroughs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just found this site a few days ago. All I can say is WOW. I had a FO SW setup for about two years but took it down before I moved a few years ago. Had some catastrophe just prior to that. I wish I had found this site back then. I've learned more here in the last week than I did the entire time I had my tank set up last time. Getting it back up and running this weekend and taking into account things I learned last time and the MANY things I learned on here. First thing I'm doing is taking it SLOW. The other thing I'm doing is using LR with my setup. Last time I had friends that were doing FOWLR setups, but either didn't know, or couldn't articulate why they had LR and thus said I didn't necessarily need it. Now I find out that is part of the reason my nitrates were always through the roof. I have some questions related to all of this, but I'll post them in the appropriate place. All I can say at this point is that this board is full of very knowledgeable and extremely helpful people. Thanks in advance for all of the help I'm sure I'll get and need, and it's the people on this board that really make the hobby enjoyable and easier.

Welcome to AA!

billburroughs said:
I wish I had found this site back then. I've learned more here in the last week than I did the entire time I had my tank set up last time.

When I joined, I remember saying the same thing and could not agree more! :D

Good luck with your new setup.

Thanks all! I was sitting there scratching my head today trying to figure out how I was going to calculate the amount of sand I needed, and lo and behold the calculator. Very handy. So, went out and bought the sand today and tomorrow I set up the tank. Noticed someone else on the forum said the LFS "live sand" in the bag wasn't really live, which makes sense, so I grabbed the dry carib-sea. Gonna put my order in with liverocks.com later this week. From what I have seen you cannot beat their stuff. It's nice to jump right into a community as friendly and knowledgeable as this one. You guys are obviously pros.

Back
Top Bottom