Just joining!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kemosabe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just joined to share in the fun of aquariums and fish. If you view my profile, you'll see I have too many fish for my aquarium, but other than losing a couple when I first set the tank up six months ago (newbie mistakes), I've had no trouble. I clean and change water every 2 to 3 weeks. I vary between flakes and dried bloodworms and toss in a couple of algae wafers every couple of days to keep the plecos happy.

My biggest problem are the mystery snails. I had 2 large ramshorn (1 blue and 1 yellow). Big blue just died :( but Old Yeller keeps on trucking (almost as big as a tennis ball :D).

My brother just found 2 50-gallon aquariums with all the fixin's for $50. They're dirty, but we think they're functional. My goal is to set up 1 tank (give the other to my nephew) and move some fish from my 30-gal over. Then, add new fish to both tanks. I'll probably move my 2 giant danios and 1 pleco. I would love input to what to add to the larger tank. Want to stick with community to mildly aggressive. Might even add a few more fish to the smaller tank but don't want to keep it overpopulated. Any ideas?

Looking forward to the dialog!!! :-D

Welcome!
I read that you can use green beans to attract snails overnight, and then just pull the bean out in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom