Just saying 'Hello'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flipper

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi folks! I just joined the forum yesterday, and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Greg, and I live in southern New York. My daughter and I enjoy this hobby together. I started this sw thing for her benefit when she was 2, and now, at 4-1/2, she tells me she wants to be a marine biologist, so she can "save the coral reefs."

We have two salt water tanks; a 55 gallon with 80 lbs. of rock and some polyps and mushrooms. We run an Amiracle HOB skimmer, with the bio-ball chamber converted to a mini-refugium. Its inhabitants include a yellow tang, velvet damsel, 2 white-bonnet clowns, 2 scissor tail gobies, gold stripe maroon clown and a royal gramma. We also have a red linckia star and a brittle star.

Our other tank is a 5.5 gallon nano. It runs filterless, with a Whisper 10 solely for circulation, aeration, and to occasionally run carbon. A MiniJet 404 is used for additional circulation, as well. The tank has eleven lbs. of live rock, and I change 5% of its water daily. The tank includes an ocellaris and a magenta pseudochromis, along with a few dozen various mushrooms. It's got a serpent star and a few blue-legs for cleanup, and a shaving brush which helps remove nitrate.

I'm glad to be on the board, and hope I can offer some good advice as well as receive some!

Hey!! I know you!! Great to have you here!!

schild27.gif
to AquariumAdvice.com!!

Hi Flipper, and welcome!

I have a 5.5 gallon tank with one betta. I don't have room right now for a bigger tank (gives me some incentive to clean out the basement!) but I was thinking of another 5.5 or 10 gallon tank. One of the things I was considering for it is a nano reef, so if I start one, I'll be sure to post and hopefully you can help! I haven't seen too many nano reef discussions here.

An t-iasg said:
One of the things I was considering for it is a nano reef, so if I start one, I'll be sure to post and hopefully you can help! I haven't seen too many nano reef discussions here.

I'd be glad to help! This little tank has been a big success and a lot of fun!

Welcome to Aquarium Advice.
Sound like you know what your doing.
its good to have another experienced person on board.

Back
Top Bottom