just saying hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gppyllc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.. This is my first post. Looks like a nice group of fish heads we have here. I am an african rift lake cichlid and livebearer fan.

Currently I am working with:

Labidochromis chizumulae

Exasperatus

Aulonacara jacobreibergi

Cherry shrimp

Bristle nose pleco

Gumbusia holbrooki

Heterandria formosa

Skiffia multipunctata

Red delta guppies

That is what I am breeding and selling at this time.

I want to work with:

A shell dweller of some kind
badis badis
soulosi

ibergi

Hi, I'm a newbie also. I have a 20 gallon long FWA with a whopping grand total of 6 cardinal tetras and 16 amano shrimp. Just started my tank on Feb. 8. Many questions to ask and hopefully someone out there will help me along a little.!

Hello ginnyfinny.

I can try. I am more of a livebearer and African cichlid guy.

You can ask away. I will try my best.

Started up my tank 2 weeks ago with 6 Cardinals & then with 16 Amanos. The weird thing is that the water chemistry continues to be perfect. I test every day, have done no water changes. have added water due to evaporation. I haven't even clean the bottom of the tank yet. The Amano's are doing a great job. is this unusual?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424801081.433351.jpg Thanks for any input you can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice looking tank.

If your water tests out good I would keep doing what you are doing. I would do at least a 20% water change in a week or two. Its better to keep the water clean then wait for it to crash then try to fix it.

I like to do smaller frequent water changes to keep things constant.

Back
Top Bottom