Just saying hi :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allyloveshercatfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi my name is ally :) and as my username already says I do most certainly love my catfish!I first got one and I couldn't think of a name for him/her so i called it pleco Malfoy ;) (get it! Harry potter)

So it have a 15 gallon, 30L tank that I did have a few goldfish in over time and of course they died an I was discouraged.. My parents love garage saling and by spen mysterious reason someone was selling a 'suckerfish' and a goldfish in a 2L, 1 gallon I guess glass rectangle 'tank' I put him in my little aqua one 30L and he just sucked on the side.. After my goldfish died I serious was over it and with my newborn baby girl life was just plain hectic..
Now this poor fish has gone through soooo much in its lifetime! Being in a tiny tank for 3 years to being in my dyeing tank and then of course as a newbie I didn't know what to feed it and it went for about 6 months fending for itself and finding it's own food somehow.. Of course now I realize the amount of bad crap I put my poor baby through..

I then ha so much respect for this fish that had it hard but got through it do I got some guppies to keep him company and a big fake tree that's hollow that's his sanctuary (I say him because I think it's a boy but I'm not sure yet but that's a whole new thread) since then I found him a play mate pleco fry and I gave them the names David for the baby and my long time loyal baby Goliath. I have grown so fond of my Goliath that I want to do everything I can to improve its life starting with buying him algae wafers and giving him some cucumber (that he loves but won't eat the skins lol) and I also upgraded my tank to a 168L, 45ish galling hexagon tank and some albino Long fin pleco for him to keep him happy.

Now I know I'm not the best fish mummy in the world but I'm changing an woul do anything possibly for my 15 little fish friends.

Thanks for reading my life story! And I hope to hear from you on my many threads!

Welcome to AA! Good for you getting a bigger tank foe the little guy! Do you know what specie of pleco it is? Can you post pics of him/her? Hope your enjoying the site so far!

Welcome to AA! Good for you getting a bigger tank foe the little guy! Do you know what specie of pleco it is? Can you post pics of him/her? Hope your enjoying the site so far!

Sure! Any excuse to show him/her off!
Now I know it's colour may not be the best but I have him on algae wafers and veggie to hopefully help!

If you know what kind he is, I'd love to know! Also his sex?But unfortunately I haven't worked out the whole photo thing on my phone yet apparently..
I've made a photo album on my profile though?

I would also say he's male and that he's either a golden nugget or a common! Hope I helped.

Welcome to AA, you are going to love it here!
There is so much useful info and everyone is willing to help.

Back
Top Bottom