..Just started now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rajeeshun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Friends,

Today is the first day for me in this forum and hoping to learn and share the experience and knowledge with you.

About Me:

I am Living in Toronto and working as a Software developer. After my kids request, I started fish tank 2 weeks ago without having any knowledge on this. My tank is 37 Gallon and I installed all basic stuffs like filter, heater and Thermometer.

Due to zero knowledge in this are, so far 3 fishes are died and feeling really sorry for them. I do not want to see my little fishes are dieing due to my lack of knowledge and I am hoping to get your advices and suggestions.

Thank you,
Rajeeshun

First thing you should do is research the nitrogen cycle/ how to cycle aquariums. After you have a grasp on that you can begin to enjoy this great hobby. There are lots if articles on here about cycling that would be good reads.

First thing you should do is research the nitrogen cycle/ how to cycle aquariums. After you have a grasp on that you can begin to enjoy this great hobby. There are lots if articles on here about cycling that would be good reads.

Thanks BigRedReefs,

I learned this after I took the water to test at Aquarium shop. Earlier I did not have any knowledge on Ammonia and Nitrogen..Now, at least I know that I have to pay attention on this.

Well don't feel too bad, there are some that go a year or two killing off their fish before getting help. Also, don't listen to the people at the pet store as most don't know any more than you do now.

Welcome!
One thing you can do that should be helpful is order a test kit and do the testing yourself. That way you can see what the results are yourself rather than have someone who is interested in selling you something tell you what the results are. A popular test kit is the API Freshwater Master Test Kit. Provides pH, high range pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
Other than that, research and ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom