Just starting out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitchellstdnt08

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello to all you aquarists. I just got my ten gallon tank last Saturday and filter and everything and now with the three fish I got last Sunday,serpae tetra, I got four new ones yesturday, two more serpae tetra and 2 algae eater. I do realize over time I need to upgrade my tank but I wanted to upgrade over time and just get my feet wet in the hobby as well as that I just graduated college and have a lot of time on my hands trying to look for jobs lol. So I am 24 this November and I just am so excited to start this hobby and know that a lot of people are into this as much as I didn't know lol sorry confusing. So thank you in advance to all of u for ur help but I just can't wait to really get out there.

welcome im also a new member to AA the people here are very help full id recomend having a look through some of the freshwater forums first thing i would recomend is keeping a list of every fish you have keeping track can be hard once you get in to it and is always good to research what speices will live together happily hope this can help you advance in the hobby

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! Soon that 10g will turn into a 29g, which turns into a 40g, which turns into a 55g, which turns....you get the point! Welcome to the hobby *ahem* addiction :)

yeah iv done that best advice get a big tank first saves alot o hassel iv got 2 small tanks round 30-50ltrs and 2 200+ltr tanks and i wish i just started big

well Thank You

i am going to need another tank but all the fish that i really would love would need a max tank of 30-40 gallon so i may just get the larger tank but the only prob is that i have no job as of now so i dont have the money to do it but i may try and get the tank as a kit from my family for my birthday next month or for christmas and just use the 37 gallon that im thinking for my larger fish that i want and the smaller for my smaller tank. but is there any recommendations for my small tank that could be used from this tank to the next few tanks that id hopefully be able to get? For example decorations, aeration systems/tools, filters, gravel/sand, and heaters. also i dont want to or hopefully would like to try and not pay more than $100 for anything at any given trip to the store at once lol. so any way thank you so far for your help.:thanks:

Welcome to AA! Did you cycle the tank? If not keep up on water change. 1 each day! Hope you like the site so far!

Oh I do but I do the water change most of the time and I do a 2-3gallon change and then that's it water is crystal clear and loving the hobby do far and fish love my tank lol of being a ten gallon an the two algae eater I have in it love the size and the minimal hiding and everything and very spunky with the 5 serpae tetra I have in the tank too

Back
Top Bottom