Just Starting Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thursyanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought my first "real" aquarium. I've always had little 10 gal. or 20 gal. tanks that were pretty simple setups. I've recently bought a used 55 gal aquarium with a cabinet and I'm fixing it up. So far all I've gotten done is taken all the gravel out and washed it with vinegar water and rinsed it really good. I've been scraping the old alge off the glass and trying to get the tank all cleaned up. Next I'll sand and paint the cabinet (turquoise with a black crackle). I'm also starting to build my own 3D rock background! I'm going with non-aggressive fish. I've been reading everything I can get my eyes on about filters, ph balance, nitrites, nitrates, and so-on! Plus, what fish can be put with what fish. And, I've even just discovered that I probably need to add aquarium salt to my tank. I've included a picture of my tank right after I unloaded it! I've already taken that background off. It had a lot of wrinkles and bubbles in it. Any ideas or input would be greatly apprecieated!!:fish1::fish2:

Attachments

• 2013-01-04 16.43.31.jpg
    2013-01-04 16.43.31.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom