Keeper of an aquarium of 1mx60x80

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tamara1977

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started with an aquarium about 3 years ago that I took over from my stepdaughter, of 80cmx80cm because she no longer had the time or desire to keep and maintain it. That's when I fell inlove with this whole new (to me) "underwater world" It was a tropical aqaurium, in it, I had a whole mix of cardinal tetras, copper zalm, cory doras, clown botias, angel fish, dwarf gourami's,black mollys, guppies, and lots more but I only know the dutch names...I had a friend who also has had an aquarium for many years, so I had a lot of help, and what we didn't know, I looked up on the internet and so on, went it took off really well. I then aquired an aquarium of 1mx60x80 from the daughter of an elderly terminally ill man who had then just recently passed away and who's wish it was that his daughter not sell his beloved aquarium with his few, (same sort tropical fish as mine) to the highest bidder, but rather give it away to some1 that would love and care for it as he had most of his adult life. I now have this aqaurium set up, with some of the fish I first started off with and some others too. I've had hours and hours of pleasure watching my fish... I've witnessed the amazing births of black molly's and hoogvin karpers, I've have 2 angelfish couples who have laid eggs at least 5 times each and twice that those eggs have hatched and I've seen minute angelfish babies swimming around, but as yet to have been able to keep those babies safe and growing till big enough to survive.... I'm here for a number of reasons, 1, because i can learn so much more than I already know, I can talk and share a much loved hobby with other ppl who share the same love of this beautiful and amazing hobby and hopefully I can post photo's of my lovely fish, and brag (just alittle) about what I've managed build up and accomplish. :):)

Back
Top Bottom