Learning in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imasillymomma

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

My name is Tammy, and I will try to make this as quick and painless as possible. I moved into my new place just over a month ago and my landlord left her fish behind, telling me that she could no longer keep them. I took them in as my own although I've never cared for fish before but am an animal lover.

The tank was a mess (40 gallons with 9 fish, too many large decorations, and a ton of algae) and I have worked very hard to make it right. There is a list of the fish included in the tank on my profile. I am slowly trying to get them all separated and am currently working on my first ever cycle of a new 30 gallon tank (I'm doing a fishless cycle and I have questions that I will post on the appropriate board).

I am hoping to purchase a 75 gallon tank within the next few months. My hope is that the new job I am starting in two weeks will help me to get that new tank for these monster fish before they get too big. They've been growing steadily since I began caring for them.

Wish me luck!

~Tammy (happy mom to 9 fishy babies, 4 humans, and one cat)

Back
Top Bottom