Milwaukee guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasilvers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Getting back into fish now that my son isn't such a Tasmanian devil. I've kept fish since winning some goldfish at a carnival as a kid. Ran a 10 gallon tank for years. We moved and I gave it away. A few 10's since then, but everytime we moved, I gave them away.
Got a 30(?) gallon reef tank complete setup for $100 from a fish store worker who couldn't keep fish alive - turns out he added only saltwater into the tank. I only used 1/4 his water and the rest freshwater to get the salinity back down. That was probably my favorite tank so far. We moved and I gave it away.
Got a 20 gallon extra tall (24 inches) and kept some angels in there with live plants. It was a nice looking tank and the angels kept laying eggs, but I could never keep them from getting eaten. My son was born and was just wild. After he hit the tank for the upteenth time, I gave it away before he broke it.
Now he is older and I wanted fish again.
I bought a 50 gallon 36x18x18 that I am building a bookcase stand for. It looks like a great tank for my living room. I'll be visiting the DIY pages for ideas on lots of stuff to build.
Thanks for letting me be a part of your web :)

Will

Back
Top Bottom