Missing male dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlphillips13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a few tank set ups and in one Of my 20 gallons I have 3 zebra danios, 2 barbs, 4 dwarf frogs, 1 male betta and 2 plecos, today I went out and bought 2 male dwarf gouramis, I put them into my tank at around 430pm and they were both fine happy and healthy, they also didn't seem to have a problem with any other fish, at around 630 I returned and both were still fine, but at around 845 1 had disappeared, I removed every tank decoration and still he didn't turn up, no dead body nothing, I looked checked the tank lid to see if maybe he jumped and got stuck or something and he didn't, checked the floor for him and nothing. I'm super confused as to where this guy went? Anyone know any possibilities ?

Stuck inside one of the decorations? Mine use to squeeze into incredibly tight places. Used to wonder if they thought they were part khuli.

Sent from my iPhone

I pulled absolutely everything out of the tank and searched all of it thoroughly I thought maybe it could have burrowed itself under the gravel so I moved it all around and still nothing pulled the filter out and searched it incase he somehow slipped in there but he's still no where to be found. I feel like I'm going crazy because I have no explanation of where he could be !

Any pet cats or dogs or Ferrets...also they can flop around pretty far away from the tank. I have heard that fish may jump from one tank to another. It is wierd but not unusual.

We searched a 6.6G Edge tank three times and never found a Cory. Then for weeks (maybe 2 months, had left the tank with no heat, light or food, it just sat in my daughter's room because she wasn't sure if she was going to start it up again and there, one day, was the Cory. She lived for another 2 years after that!

All we could think was it was somehow in a decoration that looked like a wall in there, and it was unbelievable how small the hole was compared to the fish.

I don't have a cat only a large dog that doesn't go in my room, I have a full lid light ontop of the tank that only has openings in the back for the filter and heater, if he had jumped out anywhere I think it would have been there and he would have hit a wall and fallen to the floor, I'm going to search the surrounding area more incase he flopped around or something. But I seriously haven't a clue where he is. Hoping he turns up!

Back
Top Bottom