Mollies - Advice Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KateFM

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone

I am new to fish keeping as a hobby and also to this site. I currently have a couple of aquaria, both fully cycled with good levels. I recently lost my goldfish so had a change around and 2 days ago in my 60 litre tank I introduced 3 black and silver mollies, 1 gold mollie, 2 clown loach and 6 harlequins.

Today I have noticed quite a few fry which I am assuming are mollies. They are too small to move to a breeding net so I have added quite a few plastic plants to give them hiding areas. Can anybody give me any advice as to what to do next re food and bringing them up

Nice surprise but OMG the responsibility!!

Thanks all
Kate:thanks:

aww first fry! cute!
my suggestion is net the babies asap!! or they will be chow for fish, even for their mum. with food, i suggest buying liquifry powdered food, then just normal fish flakes as they are easy to eat. good luck!

Catching fry is easy just takes a bit to get a hang of :) if you bring the net closer to the bottom of the tank the fry will swim upwards and just catch them from there. Good luck! Oh and of course
~* Welcome to AA*~

Back
Top Bottom