Molly following Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarleyH

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So these last few weeks our Molly fish had been following our Betta by the tail. No matter where our Betta goes. The Molly is high tailing right after.

How big is your tank? How many mollies do you have? They should usually be kept in 1:2 male to female ratio.

It's 20g tank. And we have 1 Mollie (not sure if the gender) but the I also have 3 plattys.

20gallon tank. With 1 Mollie (not sure of the gender) and then 3 plattys

It's usually easy to tell the gender of a molly unless it's really young. Us the bottom fin near the tail pointed or rounded? If it's a male it may be trying to mate with your betta or could just be territorial. I'd just keep an eye out for nipping those long fins bettas have are pretty tempting to some fish.

Then I believe it's a make. See our Betta is a male and honestly he doesn't mind when the molly
rubs up on him. The Molly is really just nipping the bottom of our plattys

Your molly might be too aggressive for your tank if it's nipping at your platys. Can you trade it for another platy?

No it's been over 30 days with him. It's just been recently sorta since he became aggressive. But he won't leave the side of my Betta. Hopefully they are just good buddies

Back
Top Bottom