Murdoc new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murdoc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I'm 26 from connecticut. New to the forum but not to aquariums. It's been about 3-4 years since I've had my last aquariums set up. I've had a (x20) 10 gallon system set up, 90 gallons, a couple 55g 29 bowfront, 20 gallons, etc. I'm usually into planted and south American ciclids, but now all I have is a 20g I'm starting back up with. Don't have any of the other tanks. Unfortunately we had a bad winter storm that knocked out a lot of my fish, so it discouraged me for a while, but I'm back, and looking to start my 20g and make it beautiful. Any suggested ideas? I have a Marineland filter on it now, been up only 2 days so far tho. No substrate as of yet, and I have driftwood in it as well. I like crayfosh, shrimp, snails, plants, and sa ciclids (I know I can't mix all, they'll eat each other lol, and too small of a tank). Just wanna hear some ideas. I just got my testing kit back as well so I'll be testing the tank weekly until it's ready before I stock anything.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello and welcome! Unfortunately i know next to nothing about planted tanks but i wanted to welcome you to the forums :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

LMAO :ROFLMAO: wow I'm blind can't read straight :whistle:
I thought your title said (Murder new member):eek2::facepalm:
Let me apologize about that (y)

Ok now that I got that straight let me say :welcome:to AA you should be able to find answers to almost all of your questions you will find many knowledgeable people that can help you through your journey ,
I'm not really into freshwater but yes I do have 1 freshwater tank , I Just have over sized fish 2 extra large goldfish 10+" and a Giant pleco 18+"

Like MissGurnus said :

Unfortunately i know next to nothing about planted tanks Either or a lot about freshwater, I just get by :D
I keep lots of saltwater tanks as that's my main interest
glad to have you on the forum and let me say again:welcome::wave:
look forward to see you on the boards:fish1::fish2:

Welcome to AA. Any questions just ask. I breed many sa cichlids, so can help with that. I also have many planted tanks. If i cant answer it, there are many here who can. Welcome back to tanks. That 20 would house a nice set of rams.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome to AA! :welcome: I can give you a little help in the planted tank department if you need it and theres many other planted tank enthusiasts on the site to help out as well!

Welcome to AA! :welcome: I can give you a little help in the planted tank department if you need it and theres many other planted tank enthusiasts on the site to help out as well!

Need your dwarf sag to hurry and need a trim.... Lol.

Well, first off, what would you use for substrate, also, what would you get for plants. I'm gonna treat myself as a beginner since it's been so long since I've had any plants, so what are some good starter plants, I have had like amazon swords and stuff like that, I'm kinda leaning toward angel fish. But also gaining some interest in possibly strick planted with shrimp and snails, not sure yet.... lol

amazonia aquasoil is the bes.t but sand and eco complete mix is good too. plants would depend on your light and ferts, if any ferts. vals, anubis, swords, bacopa, mosses, java ferns, etc... always good place to start with plants. angelfish would love the planted scheme.

I've used eco complete before, think I may return to that. As far as lighting, I have nothing special regular bulb don't know how many watts and what. Ot

Not* sorry about that. Anywho, it's a tank in my garage. Might bring it inside tho. Water seems to be getting too hot

Anyone have any cheap/free plants/snails to offer for beginner. Something a 2 year old and 7 year old would like to look at. Thinking about putting.it in their room

Yup stick with low light and youll be fine. You can always upgrade if ya wanna go that route.

Makes sense. I think I have a t8 bulb, brand new, but too big for my light strip lol

Back
Top Bottom