My fish are sick !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ju h

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, i have my first tropical fish tank and im just learning !! I have just noticed that some of my fish have pieces missing from their tails and fins, also one has its fins tucked in. Iv looked online and i think maybe it is fin rot ??? Also one of the fish has a white spot on each eye, they have also been a bit hyper lately. Iv just done a water change and i want to get some treatment for them but i dont know what to get. Any advise would be great. Thanks.

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us. There are quite a few knowledgeable people here who are very willing to offer advice.
You should re-post your questions in the sick fish section. You will get the most help that way. None of those are good signs unfortunately. Try to test your water parameters as soon as you can because knowing that is vital for people trying to help you as well as how big your tank is, what fish you keep, how old the tank is, the exact syptoms and any other info that you think would be helpful.
Good luck!

Thanks for that, i will try to find it and repost x

If it's a newly set up tank it could be ammonia poisoning. The tank has to be cycled and unfortunately most pet stores don't tell you this. Get your own water test kit if you don't have one already (the API Master test kit is best). There's a link in my signature "new tank with fish;" read it and it'll guide you. For the fish you have in there now I'd to a very large water change (80%) with a good dechlorinator (Prime is best if you can get it; most pet/fish stores should have it). Test your water daily and do water changes as needed ( that guide will explain in more detail). Clean water helps most situations if your fish are suffering from ammonia poisoning the clean water should help. If it doesn't, ask more questions in the unhealthy section of the forum. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom