My fixed member intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevorSB1004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The first time around I thought this section was where you ask questions... But anyways, i have 5 fish tanks., and have been keeping fish for the past 5 going on 6 years. I'm almost 14, and got my first fish tank when I was 8, and that was a 2 1/2 gallon minibow, and I loved that thing to death. My only problem was that I was the kid who tried to put 3 male guppies in it and then get stumped why they died. Two days after getting them, my yellow guppy "sunny" died and I cried for like 5 minutes. That story is a classic example of any child's first fish tank. 2 years later, I got my next "big" upgrade, a 10 gallon. That tank was awesome, and is currently goinf barebottom with about 20 babies in it. But, again I was the kid who tried to fit a comet goldfish and a Ryukin in it at once. At one point, I had a fantail as well, but that guy was belly up about 3 months later, as well as my Ryukin who lived about 1 1/2 years. Sadly, the comet died about 2 3/4 years after buying. I tried tropicals like mollies but couldnt quite get it. I got impatient with the 10 and left it empty for a while and waited until my birthday for my current favorite tank, my 30 gallon. That tank had a rough start, but is currently runnig awesome. I had lots of trouble with it, but mainly because I didn't change the water. I had this tank for the next 3 months until they got ich and I had no experience beating it and they all died except for my cory cat who is currently almost 3 years old and my kuhli loach (used to live with my comet and them put in 30) who is about 4 1/2 years old. My current 30 gallon stock is:
1 cory cat
1 kuhli loach
1 blue 3 spot gourami
1 rosy barb
6 zebra danios
3 austrialian rainbowfish
1 madagascar rainbowfish
1 rubber lip pleco
2 swordtails (pair)
1 platy

This is definitely my favorite setup and have only lost neon tetras, but I think that pet stores always get bad strains of them that are inbred and therefore weak/prone to disease. (Some of these fish I've had for 2 months, some for 2 years)

My next setup is a 26 gallon bowfront in my room and has been running for almost 2 months with only one loss. This is my stock:
2 male cobra guppies
6 female guppies
2 zebra danios
2 red wag platies
1 albino bristlenose pleco (just picked him up yesterday)

One of my female guppies had a nice batch of fry in my 10 gallon (about 20-30) They have been in there for about 4 weeks or so, and are growing fast. They will go to the 26 soon.

My first 2 1/2 gallon currently has a betta that I've had for roughly a year and a half. Another betta at my mom's house has one of these 2 1/2 gal minibows and has been alive for almost 5 years. (Was in a bowl throughout my fish tank experience and was upgrades a few months ago)

So, thats the story of my fish tank keeping. When I finish 8th grade I will try to upgrade my 30 to a 60 and keep the 30 in my basement or something because there is a beautiful tank and stand combo at petsmart for $400. Hopefully it could be a birthday gift or something because most of my fish stuff I pay for. I love this hobby, and hope to stay with it for as long as possible.

And yes, i am sadly a bucket brigader when it comes to cleaning day. I'd like a python, but I would have to use the bathroom sink and get a lot of extra slack on it's tube. Also ordered some java moss recently, so I will be trying it out soon.

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom