My intro!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biloccac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
I just starting a fish tank again, since I had a couple way back when I was in Malta. But this is my first since I have been in the US. It has been long overdue cause I had this tank for a while and just never got it set up. I always wanted South African cichlids (even though I had Angle fish before) and so that is how my 20 gal tank is set. I guess I got lucky and my Pseudotropheus lombardoi had her first young. So that made me set up another tank! I really consider myself lucky cause I really do not do much for the tanks but each time I check the water at the store they tell me it is fine! Anyways, my Pseudotropheus lombardoi has a mouth full of young again and I am going to need a new tank. To make things even better (or worst) my Labidochromis caeruleus (I think they are) has a mouth full of young too, so how many tanks am I going to set up? My wife is going to kill me! Anyways, sorry for the long intro, looking forward to learning more!! All the best to all, Chris

Welcome to AA :) Im in the same boat as you (minus the holding, cant seem to get mine to keep any)... my wife decided to put one of my 55's on craigslist the other day because i keep bring more in... bad part is, i just cycled it and was planning on setting up a tanganyika tank :(

welcome to AA just last week i had to set up another 55 gal for some of my breading cichlids. i put a divider in this to give me more room more fry on the way

Well, this time I simply placed a tub on my desk for the new young ones. I filled 50% of the water from my running tank and 50% new water with a small inside filter and heater, so I hope the water should be good. I also placed some rocks that I had and am hoping they will not change my pH. What would be the best kit to buy for water pH testing, would it be strips or the drops? Thanks for any feedback!

Back
Top Bottom