My Intro. Post, finally...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmandaLynn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all!
I have a 5 yr old & a 2 yr old - both girls who are in love with water creatures; I believe they are part fish, most likely because they have both been on boats since they were months old.

I was into aquariums growing up because my father had some serious MTS (multi-tank-syndrome)...and it was easy for him bc he had me to do all the dirty water changes, lol.

I have just gotten back into the hobby over the past few months - started a fish-in cycle in my 26 gal bowfront on Mother's Day...and have a planted 6 gal bowfront in my 5 yr olds room...and a planted 10 gal in my 2 yr olds room.

I need to update my profile info for sure - before I get too backed up on listing all the tank specs, lol. I have several empty tanks calling my name already - a 10 gal, 20 gal L, and a 55 gal.

I haven't purchased any fish from my wish-list just yet - trying to take things slow until my parameters are steady.

Now that my 26G has fully cycled (cycled with 5 zebra danios), I have 6 rummynose tetras, a golden mystery snail & the original 5 zebra danios in the 26gal.

In the planted 6gal bowfront, there's a blue/white/black male delta-tail betta. (The betta was near death when purchased @ Petco & had both ventral fins broken - I was sure he wouldn't make it, but he seems happy...he hasn't stopped making bubble nests since being released into his tank)

And in the planted 10gal, there's a white half-moon male betta ("Nilla-Wafer") w/2 Amano shrimp. (This betta was also a "rescue" from Petco - definitely didn't see him pulling thru...unfortunately his health had been up and down. He's a lover, but surely a fighter as well- I've been doing everything possible to ensure his quality of life is top-notch now. I do believe he is partially blind, but he has the biggest personality & loves to rub up against me while I'm cleaning the tank.)

Anyways - I've rambled...I have felt like a stalker from reading so many posts, but not being a part of them. Hopefully that will change - I feel like I've got a good bit of experience/info that I can contribute as well as plenty to learn from so many experts on here. It's nice to have found a place I "belong" and to not feel like the 'crazy fish girl'.

I'll be starting my 55 gallon venture soon, so I'll most likely start one of those build threads on that one - it will be a lengthy process for sure! I'm still making plans for it before digging in...

Cheers!
Amanda

Thanks all!!

Shellyx - check out my pics on my profile - I've got a few from each tank (none of the 55gal so far obviously), and some misc pics of my kiddos. ;)

I do have a question regarding the 55 gal tank...not sure if I should start another thread or not...I knew the tank was old, but not this old...says it was built in 1987. Should I be concerned at all? I know it holds water bc the ppl who gave it to me were using it & it housed 3 Oscars.
Also, does anyone have any experience/advice about the 'Mr.Aqua' tanks? I came across one on a website & they look like wonderful tanks!

Thank you to everyone who spent the time to read these long-winded posts. ;(

Thanks all!!

Shellyx - check out my pics on my profile - I've got a few from each tank (none of the 55gal so far obviously), and some misc pics of my kiddos. ;)

I do have a question regarding the 55 gal tank...not sure if I should start another thread or not...I knew the tank was old, but not this old...says it was built in 1987. Should I be concerned at all? I know it holds water bc the ppl who gave it to me were using it & it housed 3 Oscars.
Also, does anyone have any experience/advice about the 'Mr.Aqua' tanks? I came across one on a website & they look like wonderful tanks!

Thank you to everyone who spent the time to read these long-winded posts. ;(

If the tanks not leaking then i wouldn't think there would be a problem. I haven't heard of aqua tanks sorry.
I'll take a look at your profile thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom