My tank is now set up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenski

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My dad came round this morning and set my tank up for me, he has kept tropicals and cold water for years so thought it be best he did it.

It looks lovely, unfortunately I can't get a pic yet as I have lent my camera out but as soon as I get it, I will put one up.

It has 3 plants in it and a nice little cave (perfect for Neons, which is what I have decided on with a few Corys, is that ok for 30 litres?) It also has a little otter ornament led in the sand!

Really sorry I can't get a pic!

The thermometer is saying it is at 24 at the mo, should the tank feel warm or not cos it doesn't really.
progress.gif

If the thermometer is reading 24, I'd trust thats where it is. Maybe a degree or two warmer would suit the fish you listed a little better.

In your 8g tank a few neons will be fine. Be careful with the cories, you'll need to stick to dwarf or pygmy cories in that size of a tank.

What are the dimensions of the tank?

welcome to AA...ya the fish you choose is perfect...you can also add some cardinal tetra and danios...

Ya, what neilanh said. If it is a square tank if you stay in the region of the pygmy or dwarf cory cats then you should be fine but if it is a pentagon then i would say no on any kind of cory. So i ask what size is your tank (dimensions).

Hi, thanks for the advice. It is a corner tank, I fit some background paper to it yesterday and the point at the back is 24" across and it is 13" up.

Back
Top Bottom